Unless you have been living under the rocks it is less likely that you haven’t heard about CBD. CBD has been vastly covered by media since late 2018 ever since CBD products started ruling the wellness industry. Users of CBD were seen raving about its benefits and suddenly CBD was everywhere. However, there are still few of us who have so many doubts regarding its effectiveness.
CBD is currently available in many forms including edibles, oils, capsules, beverages, soaps, lotions, cream etc. In spite of the lack of extensive scientific evidence, CBD has an overwhelming customer base. If you are curious about trying CBD, start by finding a reputed CBD manufacturer since not all CBD products in the market deliver effective results.
Purchase CBD online:
If you are looking for a reputableCBD manufacturer check out JustCBD store. They are the leading manufacturers of CBD products and feature an extensive range of high-quality, effective CBD products. Their products are tested and are safe for consumption. If you have trouble finding the right product for you, contact their customer care.
Introduction to CBD:
CBD stands for cannabidiol which is the second most active ingredient present in cannabis (marijuana) plant next to THC. THC is the widely-known psychoactive component of marijuana that is responsible for the mind-altering effects. CBD on the other hand is non-psychoactive and delivers several benefits to our body without letting users feel intoxicated.
How exactly does CBD work?
Though CBD has been in use for centuries it wasn’t until 1990s scientists understood how CBD positively impacted our body. During the 1990s scientists found the presence of Endocannabinoid System (ECS) system in our body. The ECS is found in many parts of our body including brain, nerves, skin, heart, pancreas etc and is responsible for homeostasis.
ECS is also responsible of making sure all cells communicate effectively and thereby regulate many bodily functions. ECS was found to contain a number of receptors including the major ones CB1 and CB2. Majority of CB1 receptors were found in the central nervous system, which is associated with memory, learning, emotional reaction, decision making and motor response.
Majority of the CB2 receptors were found in the central peripheral nervous system and immune cells and was associated with cancer and inflammation. Cannabinoids CBD and THC interact with the ECS receptors just like ECS delivering the following benefits:
- When CBD interacts with receptors in the peripheral and central nervous system, it can positively alter a person’s concentration, memory, perception etc.
- CBD products have CBD and small levels of THC in them. CBD alters the ways THC interacts with the CB1 receptors, thus cancelling out the intoxicating effects of THC
- CBD binds with serotonin receptors that are responsible for regulating mood, sleep function and experience of pain and hence helps with depression and anxiety.
- CBD binds with vanniloid receptors which influence perception of pain and inflammation and can be used to treat pain.
- CBD prevents erratic firing in the body’s sodium channels thus helping with certain forms of seizures.
Though CBD is found to interact with the ECS, there needs to be more extensive studies done. Until now users of CBD haven’t experienced any serious side effects. It is however advisable to talk to your doctor before starting CBD.